Savings Institute Bank & Trust will never contact you asking for personal account information over the phone or via an email. If you do receive such an email and it looks like it’s from us, contact us immediately. Unless you initiated the phone call, do not share personal information, such as checking account number, credit card numbers or your Social Security number, with anyone over the phone.
Follow these recommendations to safeguard your financial information while online:
- Use a different password for Online Banking than you use for any other website or service.
- Ensure your Operating System and any software you use is up to date.
- Enable your system's firewall.
- Utilize Anti-Virus software and make sure it is up to date.
- Utilize an email provider that offers SPAM filtering and ensure the feature is turned on.
- Use a website filtering service to help avoid website in categories that are known to distribute malware.
- Utilize a sign-on password on your computer and mobile phone.
- Enable Location Services on your mobile phone. This will help you find your phone if you misplace it.
- Do not carry your Social Security card, passport or birth certificate unless you need it that day. Take all but one or two credit cards out of your wallet. Keep a list at home of your account information and customer service telephone numbers. That way, if your wallet is lost or stolen, you’ll only have to notify a few of your creditors and the information will be handy.
- Do not download an operating system modified by a 3rd party. This process is known as "jailbreaking."
- Do not log in to online/mobile banking while on a open or public WiFi connection.
If you have any questions, please contact us today.