Savings Institute Bank & Trust Company has an immediate opening for a Senior Financial Analyst in North Windham, CT.
- Maintain investment portfolio including but not limited to processing investment purchases, sales, dividends and interest payments on investment module.
- Review investment data (purchases, sales, dividends, accruals) to ensure accuracy; review reconciliation from investment portfolio system to general ledger.
- Work directly with outside sources in assuring the transfer of securities purchased and sold.
- Prepare investment reports for Board of Directors meetings.
- Prepare and analyze investment yield reports, proceeds report and net unrealized gain/loss reports.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget process.
- Prepare monthly journal entries relating to investments.
- Prepare and analyze semi-annual branch profitability reports for Board of Directors.
- Perform analytical review of investment portfolio and prepare specific schedules and reports on a quarterly basis for regulatory reporting, external auditors, and management.
- Administer the wholesale funding programs, such as FHLB borrowings, brokered deposits and subordinated debentures.
- Monitor Asset/Liability reporting; provide baseline and other information to third part consultant, such as corporate growth objectives, for the generation of scenario analysis.
- Analyze interest rate risk and liquidity risk; reconcile internal Asset/Liability NPV models with regulatory models.
- Monitor compliance with and recommend modifications to the Bank's Asset/Liability, Funds Management and Liquidity Policy.
- Assist preparing SEC Forms 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings, as needed.
- Prepare quarterly Contingent Funding analysis, Risk Monitoring Report, and other schedules as directed by the Director of Finance.
- Assist with preparation of consolidated holding company’s consolidated financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis for external reporting, including required footnote disclosures and related schedules.
- Assist in preparing worksheets for financial statements – including cash flow statement, disclosure schedules, shareholders’ equity statement and equity account roll-forwards.
- Monitor compliance with and recommend modifications to the Bank's Investment Policy.
- Assist with month-end closing process and other projects, as needed.
- Assist with preparing annual 401k/Profit Sharing and ESOP Plan financials.
- Communicate and support internal and external auditors, as needed.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in accounting and/or finance in the banking industry, or some comparable combination of education and experience.
- Possess strong written and communication skills, have the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of GAAP and federal banking regulations.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations and policies and to make decisions in accordance with established precedent.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, discount, interest, profit and loss, commissions, percentages and apply basic arithmetic and mathematics to help resolve problem- solving situations.
- Knowledge of theory and application of Net Present value (NPV) and Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
Benefits include: Competitive pay, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, health/dental insurance, tuition reimbursement and bonuses.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER