Savings Institute Bank & Trust Company has an immediate opening for a Senior Commercial Underwriter in its Main Office in Willimantic, CT.
- Detail-oriented and able to objectively analyze moderate and complex commercial credit transactions with a high level of expertise.
- Preparation of written credit proposals including detailed financial and credit analysis
- Assignment of accurate risk ratings for new loans and the renewal of existing commercial credit facilities to minimize risk to Bank in a manner consistent with the Bank’s credit philosophy.
- Outline the risks and mitigating factors of a credit facility based upon the analysis of business and personal financial statements, collateral, global cash flow, economic and industrial factors and debt service capacity.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- At least two years direct work related experience in lending and/or credit analysis, or some comparable combination of education and experience.
- Possess strong written and communication skills, have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and with a sense of urgency philosophy to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of CRE and SBA lending a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required; experience working with an underwriting platform is preferred.
- Must have strong analytical skills involving accounting and financial analysis and knowledge of legal statutes that pertain to commercial lending including compliance, contract and lien requirements.
Benefits include: Competitive pay, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, health/dental insurance, tuition reimbursement and bonuses.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER